Choosing The Best Web Design Company

Consumers’ Attention

Which Are The Most Effective Ways To Reach Customers?

There are so many online channels competing for consumers’ attention. They’re also competing for your marketing budget. Which are the most effective ways to reach customers? Surprisingly, email newsletters top the list. According to research from MarketingSherpa, 91% of US adults like to receive promotional emails from the companies with which they do business. Read on to learn how email newsletters can improve your marketing efforts.

Email: The Broadest Reach

Twitter claims to have over 250 million active users, while Facebook boasts over 1 billion. Both of those social networking sites pale in comparison to email, though. The total number of email accounts around the world was 3.9 billion in 2013 and will hit 4.9 billion by 2017, according to Radicati.

Why is email’s reach greater than social media? Although many people use social media sites, profiles on those platforms are a “nice-to-have.” Email, on the other hand, has become a necessity. It’s a given that people communicate by email nowadays – your customers expect it.

Your Email Will Get There

When you send out an email, there’s only a 10% chance it won’t get delivered. Researchers at Forresterdiscovered that email makes it to its intended recipients 90% of the time.

Contrast that number to Facebook. In recent years, Facebook has changed its algorithms and essentially killed organic reach. Very little promotional or branded content makes it into users’ Facebook feeds anymore.

Email Has Higher Conversion Rates

Email newsletters for Magento are such an effective marketing tool because people opt into them. People willingly give you their email address because they want to hear from you. And when you send them something, they’re more likely to open it.

Email has a higher conversion rate than other marketing channels. According to research published by the Direct Marketing Association, 66% of consumers made a purchase as a result of an email marketing message. By way of comparison, 65% of consumers made a purchase as a result of receiving a direct mailing such as a postcard, catalog or letter.

What about social media conversion rates, you ask? Researchers at Monetate found that 4.24% of people who receive a marketing email purchase something as a result, while a little over half a percentage of people who have received a message through social media take the same action.

People Prefer Emails

Marketing success hinges on communicating with your customer according to his or her preference. And it turns out many customers prefer email.

A 2013 study from MarketingSherpa shows that 72% of people prefer receiving promotional content through email. Only 17% of people want to receive those messages through social media. The reason behind those numbers most likely has to do with how people view social media; they use the platform to connect with family and friends, and less so to read marketing messages.

Don’t abandon your email newsletter just yet. It has a broad reach, a nearly guaranteed delivery, a higher conversion rate, and it’s preferred by your customers.

Learning Center