How to Make Every Single Page on Your Mississauga Business Website Evergreen
Even if your page of content ranks high in search engines, it’s not going to rank high forever. Google, Bing, and Yahoo are constantly looking for fresh content when crawling websites. Regularly updating your website and blog is one of the most important things you can do for SEO. No Mississauga business is going to get anywhere with outdated content.
This doesn’t mean that you should just put out a bunch of content for the sake of putting out content. Every single post, image, video, etc. to your site/blog should be useful and contain information and news that your audience will find valuable.
Here are some ways you can keep your website filled with evergreen content:
– You don’t have to delete all of your old pages. Evergreen simply refers to information that your audience will find relevant. An example of an irrelevant, outdated post would be a guide on how to use a program that either doesn’t exist anymore, or has been upgraded so many times that the information is no longer useful.
– There still might be an occasional person who wants to read old, useless information just for nostalgia. For these people, it’s okay to keep a couple of older pages up. However, you will want to limit these types of pages. Make sure you still have plenty of new content on the same topics.
– Create a FAQ page without questions that are commonly asked by people interested in your industry and brand. If you already have an FAQ section, make sure all of the information is up to date. Not only should the answers be relevant for the current state of the industry, the questions should be as well. FAQ posts provide an easy way of having evergreen content. You can get some ideas of what kinds of questions people need answers to by reading social media discussions.
– Another easy way to develop evergreen content is to create posts about industry definitions. Many of the common terminology and concepts in an industry remain the same, even if trends change. Since definitions are usually short, you don’t have to spend a lot of time on these kinds of posts. You can even use long-tail keyword terms if you need to.
– Consider covering a cultural or historical event in Mississauga that was associated with the industry you’re involved in. People need facts and figures, so include them in the post. Invite readers to post about their memories or thoughts about the event.
– Sometimes old content simply needs updated. For instance, if you have discovered new and improved methods of doing something that you have written a tutorial on in the past, you can add the new methods to the content. It’s not necessary to delete all of the old stuff – unless all of the older methods have become obsolete. You can just add a note that the content has been updated.
Having evergreen content on your blog or site is a must. Search engines – Google in particular – is demanding higher quality SEO content from businesses in Mississauga, no matter what kind of niche or industry you’re involved in.