Need A New SEO Strategy? Here’s How To Get Back On
Are you losing focus on your onsite SEO strategy? The algorithms get updated regularly, and it’s not always easy to keep up with those changes. Even SEO experts sometimes have trouble keeping track with all of the latest rules. If you have not seen any improvements in organic traffic in awhile, it may be time for an update. Search engine optimization isn’t just something that you can sit around on; it’s an ongoing process that must be attended to on a regular basis.
Even if you have been making updates, there is still the possibility that you are not getting the results you are hoping for. If you feel that it’s time for a change, but don’t know where to start, here are some areas you can focus on.
– Revamp your content by getting rid of duplicate and outdated posts. If you’ve been creating posts on similar topics, search engines may be penalizing your site. Even if each post or page is unique, if the subject matter is too similar, it may still be considered duplicate content after awhile. Go through your site and blog and check for similar pages of content. You can either edit some pages by updating them with new information or delete them. Also, get rid of any outdated content that is no longer relevant.
– Start creating more valuable content. The idea is to always give visitors useful information that will be of use to them. Don’t just throw content together for the sake of using a few keywords; if you do this, the content will lack depth. It won’t help your visitors OR you. Think about each and every post you make and what kinds of points you want to get across. What kind of value does the information contain that will be beneficial to the reader? What questions should be answered?
– Try to gain more visibility with third parties. One way to do this is to create local listing on sites such as Google Business, Bing, Yelp, etc., if you have not yet done so. The fundamental details, such as your name, phone number, website, and address, need to be the same on all sites. Encourage customers to leave reviews on your business profiles as well. Another method of getting more exposure is by creating great content that people will want to share via social media.
– If you run any kind of local business, you might want to try to get your site listed on travel sites, such as Orbitz, Travelocity, and Expedia. They feature listings for a wide variety of businesses in tourist areas.
– Optimize your site for humans, and not just for search engines. Trying to optimize a page that isn’t user-friendly is a waste of time. It can even be counterproductive since user-friendliness is such an important ranking factor these days. It’s the user that circulates content across the web, not the search engine bots.
– Do A/B testing with different ads and keywords. Stick with the ads that lead to the most sales. There are A/B test tools online to help you with the process.
Remember to make it easy for visitors to find what they’re looking for, and provide them with valuable information and soon your new SEO strategy will start bringing results.