Secrets To Help You Stay Consistent In Your SEO Strategy
SEO and consistency go hand-in-hand. Many experts, including Google’s John Mueller, believe that consistency is #1 on the SEO priority list. You can try every strategy possible, but you won’t see any results unless you are consistent with what you are doing and how you are doing it.
To avoid making the same mistakes over and over again, you don’t want to stop using the strategy. Instead, you’ll need to modify it to make it a better strategy.
Why is Consistency So Important?
It’s important not only to the search engines, but to the users. If users bookmark your site, they expect it to be the same when they return. If you give them something different each time, they will get confused.
Websites should be internally consistent. While you’ll want a unique design, the basic aspects should be applied throughout every page. For instance, you don’t want to put the search box in a location that users are not used to. It should be right there, easy to find.
The search engines love fresh, updated content, so you should update on a regular basis. If you are inconsistent with updates, it may hurt your rankings.
How to Make Your Site More Consistent
Here are a few ways to say consistent with SEO:
– Don’t mix in too many keyword variations. Stick with two or three per page. Also, use the same tone of “voice” throughout your site. Don’t make one page seem all-business while making another page conversational and friendly.
– Have the same layout on every single page. Everything should be in the same spot: the search box, menu, sub-menu, contact information, etc. You don’t want to have a gray layout for one page and a blue one for another. There should be a consistent colour theme throughout the entire site.
– Have consistent UI elements. This makes it easier for users to fill out forms, add items to the shopping cart, sign up for your mailing list, and so forth. If the user can only select one option, then stick with radio buttons. If he or she can select more than one option, use check boxes. Sometimes it’s best to keep things simple. All editable fields should have white backgrounds that differentiate them from the rest of the box.
– Make updates to your blog regularly. Add a new article or guide at regular intervals. The updates don’t all have to be the same length, but they should still contain useful information.
– Be consistent with social media. Don’t just create a profile, make a few posts, and then move on. There’s no rule that says you have to sign up for every single social media channel. However, participate regularly with the ones you do join. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube are all ones you want to join.
– The information about your company, such as NAP and business description should be the same on every online profile you create, from social media to internet yellow pages.
Consistency is extremely important in internet marketing, no matter what kind of business you are running. You must keep up with your strategy in order to achieve results.