SEO Tips for Improving User Experience on Your Website
When a website offers a good user-experience, it stands a better chance of getting a high ranking in search engines. You need to use the best SEO methods possible in order for your Mississauga business to perform well in search results. Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other search engines tend to give user-friendly websites top rankings. No matter what kind of business you are running, or what kind product or service you are offering, you must have a website that gives visitors exactly what they’re looking for. How can you make users feel comfortable at your site or online store?
Here are a few ways you can improve user experience:
– Have a visible and clear navigation. Any visitor to your page, regardless of experience or knowledge level, should be able to find whatever they are looking for without any problems. There should be contrast with the scroll bar. The navigation must have clear labels, and the call to action should be obvious at first glance.
– Use the right amount of white space. Too much white space will make a page appear boring; too little of it makes a page look crowded and messy. The idea is to use white space around the most important elements on the page so that they stand out more. Also, use it between paragraphs to make the text more readable.
– Ensure that the search function is useful. Many people who visit your site will want to use the search function. Those who do searches already have something specific in mind. If they are searching for a specific product, they might already be planning to make a purchase. For this reason, you’ll want to provide relevant results. There should be clear navigation on the results page. Users should have the option to sort the results according to whatever criteria they are interested in.
– Format copy in a way that makes it easy to read. People don’t generally read every word of copy – they scan down the page. There should be a clear hierarchy of larger sizes for headings and subheadings. Use bullet points when necessary. Spread longer bodies of content across multiple pages rather than just one.
– Make sure that each and every page loads smoothly and quickly in any type of browser. Whether they’re on a laptop, desktop, mobile phone, or tablet, people don’t like waiting for a web page to load. The longer it takes for your page to load, the higher your bounce rate is going to be. This will negatively affect your SEO. Before hiring a designer or programmer, visit other sites they have worked on in the past on various devices to see if they load quickly. Also, use compressed images and thumbnail videos.
– Give users a place to start. Unless one of your pages of content goes viral, most users will end up on your homepage. It serves as an obvious entry point and will be linked to and from other all of the other pages. Include elements such as a feature box. This should be displayed prominently at the top of the homepage and can be used to highlight an offer or to serve as an opt-in form. If you want to use it as an opt-in form, be sure to let visitors know what they can get for signing up, whether it’s a free ebook download or discount of some sort. You will also want to use the homepage to clearly outline the benefits of your website. Provide users with a clear indication of which steps to take in order to progress through your site.
Don’t forget to do some local SEO for your Mississauga business as well. Even if you want to make a website for everyone, local optimization is really important these days.