Blog Search Engine Marketing Benefits & Ideas For Local SEO...
Responsive Web Design
How to Make Your Website Run Faster?
Ever since Google has made the announcement that they factoring in website speed as part of their search engine ranking system, site owners have been working on making their pages more responsive. It’s in your best interest to make your site faster anyway, since visitors won’t stick around if it takes forever to load or even crashes their browsers.
Speed is extremely important in responsive web design. Here are some tips for making your website run faster:
– Increase page load time. You can’t control every single thing that goes into page load speed, such as each user’s internet connection. What you can do is decrease the size of the files on each page. Do this by limiting the number of images and graphics you use on each page. The images you do use should not take up the entire screen. The layout template itself should not be bogged down with anything that may cause it to load slowly.
– Before adding anything to your site, make sure it really is useful and will add value to the page you put it on. Every single element and piece of content on a page should truly belong there and serve a purpose in terms of value, SEO, and what it can offer the reader.
– Don’t autoplay videos or audio. You can offer users the option to view a video or listen to audio, but there is absolutely no reason to set a video or audio file to autoplay every time the page loads. It will not only take the page a lot longer to load, it might also annoy the user.
– When using images, boost speed by using the right format. Specific formats can play a role in how the compression works. For simpler images that don’t use much colour, such as logos and icons, use PNG or SVG. For more complex images, such as high-resolution photos, use JPEG.
– Generate static files. Don’t use dynamic scripting unless you really need it. Never use it to substitute a static page. If you have to rotate any content, optimize the design as best you can. You might also want to consider a service such as a content delivery network.
– Only have your site hosted by a quality webhost company. Do research to make sure that your hosting company has a lot of satisfied users. A bad web host company might not have enough money to buy the best servers and equipment. Lack of good equipment can lead to downtime and slow running websites.
– If you’re not already working with a web developer, do so. Unless you have a lot of experience and knowledge yourself, working with an experienced developer is a must. A developer will know how to make your site more responsive.
Keep these ideas in mind when optimizing your site so that it will run faster. Once again, consider working with a developer if you need help.