How Can I Build My Brand with Internet Marketing? Build...
Off-page SEO is any technique that can be applied off of your own website for the purpose of increasing your site’s position in the search engine rankings. This technique is more than getting back-links from other sites, although getting back-links certainly plays an important role. There are other off-page search engine optimization techniques as well, including those involving social media and social bookmarking.
Search engines – especially Google – are always trying to find a way to provide the best results possible to searchers. When other people start linking back to your site through social media by “liking” you on Facebook or following your Tweets, the search engines get a good indication of how other internet users perceive your site. It’s also important to receive back-links from other websites and blogs that Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc… would consider to be relevant to your industry.
Here are some off-page optimization techniques you can try in order to increase your search engine rankings results.
– As far as link building goes, it’s important that you focus on getting back-links naturally rather than artificially. In other words, get people to link back to your site simply because they like it and find the content informative. Getting a single link back by a high-authority website or blog is more important than getting a hundred links back from irrelevant, low quality sites or blogs. This means that you should not fall for the “have your site submitted to 1,000 directories!” type of scams.
– Have your site listed with internet yellow pages. Don’t just focus on the world wide web as a whole. Even if your internet business is international, you can still put some focus on local listings. Submit your website to Google Local, Yahoo Local, Maps, and other similar sites. This will make it easier to reach a targeted audience, and for the search engines to find you.
– Article creation and submission is a good technique for off-page SEO, as long as it is done correctly. If you create good articles that people find informative and helpful, they will be more likely to share them with others or link back to them. On the other hand, if you throw together a bunch of articles that are practically the same with similar keywords and submit them en-masse, they might be viewed as nothing more than spam.
– Participating in online forums and social bookmarking sites and posting useful information to other members can be beneficial to you, as people will start to see you as an authority figure in your industry. If people ask questions, take the time to provide them with an answer they will appreciate.
– Publish and share videos at sites like YouTube and DailyMotion. However, just like the articles and bookmarking posts, you will want the videos to actually be useful. It shouldn’t simply be a short ad about your product. It should be an informative video that provides an answer to a question as well as information that people find useful.
– Create your own social networking profiles. Even if you already have a personal profile, you’ll need to create a professional profile. It should be more than an ad page. Give people a reason to want to follow you or like you.
These are just a few techniques to get you started with off-page SEO. Remember, the most important thing to do is establish yourself as an expert and provide people with answers to their questions. Don’t try to force anybody to visit your site – if you give them the information they want, they will begin linking to you naturally.