In What Ways Can Video Marketing Help My Business?
There are so many benefits of video marketing for today’s’ businesses. Up until ten or fifteen years ago, small businesses typically didn’t have enough money to create a commercial or infomercial. Even if they could, actually getting it out there in front of an audience would have been beyond their financial means. That is no longer the case, thanks to the internet and sites like YouTube. You can now reach out to consumers in Toronto as well as the rest of the world.
In addition to affordability, here are some more benefits of video marketing for businesses:
- People want information, but they don’t have the patience to sit and read a long page full of text. It’s much easier and more convenient for them to watch a five minute video. It’s also easier for a company to get a point across with audio and visuals, rather than trying to explain the point with words. You can get more information across in a shorter amount of time with a video than you could with pages of text.
- Video marketing allows you to introduce your company’s personality. While photos are important, they don’t convey a personality the same way videos do. Give potential consumers the chance to both see and hear you and other professionals associated with your company.
- You get a chance to add a call to action with videos. You can inform viewers at the end to visit your website to learn more about the subject matter, or to give you a call. Video hosting sites also have a description area where you can include your website URL and information about what you have to offer.
- Through video marketing, you can prove that you are an expert. Anybody can put up a website and claim that they are some sort of expert about something, but how can consumers believe that they are telling the truth? Show your audience that you truly know what you are talking about by making demonstrative videos.
- If you have trouble getting traffic to your site or blog, you have the chance to go viral with a video if you make it interesting enough. Your site might not show up in the first page of a Google search, but your video might just make it on the front page of a YouTube search result. If you embed the video on your site, give viewers the option to “Like” it on Facebook or share it with others.
- In product videos, you can actually SHOW people what it is, how it works, and how it can help them. It’s no secret that videos increase purchase confidence among interested viewers. More than half of YouTube visitors have watched at least one product video.
- Videos actually help with SEO efforts, as Google includes videos in its search results. Search engines take notice whenever a video is getting a lot of hits. This not only brings awareness to your brand, it also ties in with your overall internet marketing strategy.
When you are ready to make videos, try to come up with creative, original ideas.