Content For Top Ranking Sites Power Of Branding & Social...
The DIY option seems inexpensive and simple enough. You can easily put a website together with step-by-step instructions. There are usually templates and layout schemes to choose from. You get more control if you work on your site yourself. However, as with any DIY project, there are pitfalls. This is because professional firms offer more than just website design. They provide development services as well. If you just want to create a small, personal website, that’s fine. However, if you want to make money online, you will need development services for not only your site, but for your business as well.
Professional web firms offer the services of graphic designers, copywriters, marketing strategists, SEO strategists, etc. These are the people that will make your website appealing to targeted consumers so that you will have a low bounce rate and high conversion rate.
When people visit your site, you will want them to stick around long enough to see what your business has to offer. This means that your site must offer them something that they want. It should also be user-friendly and organized so that they can easily find whatever it is they’re looking for.
Will a low-cost do it yourself website offer all of this? Maybe, depending on your level of experience and the size of your business.
– Packages are low-cost, which is great for a start-up business. Hosting is usually cheap as well.
– They’re a good option for a non-profit website or a one-person business.
– They’re easy to put together, thanks to beginner-friendly building tools and helpful tutorials.
– They’re great if you only need a simple site with a few pages.
– There are usually support forums available.
– It’s a good starting point – especially if you’re not entirely sure you’ll be able to put in a lot of work and make updates in the future.
– There’s a good chance that your site will look like many others out there. The templates available for do-it-yourself sites tend to be generic and not exactly what people would call “professional” looking.
– You might be expected to display the web company’s logo.
– A lot of the features and functions are flash-based, which means your website might not be very useful on mobile devices.
– Your site won’t be unique. While a simple design might be acceptable for a start-up business, you still need to work on building your brand. An ideal website is one that reflects your company.
With professional website design, a personalized approach to SEO is usually available as part of a package. With a DIY package, you might just receive basic SEO tools that many other people are using as well.
It all depends on your budget, goals, size of your company, etc. Weigh in the factors and decide how important it is for you to have a unique website and professional services. If you’re just starting out, an inexpensive DIY website package might be your best option. You can always use it as a stepping stone and move on to a more professional solution as your company grows.