How can online mobile videos help my business?
Online mobile videos have become very popular over the past couple of years. If you’re wondering if mobile video marketing is worthwhile, you need to be aware of all of the benefits it offers. The trend isn’t going anywhere, either, as it is estimated that the use of online videos is expected to grow 50+% and surpass articles and blog posts to be the leading format of content marketing.
People don’t just watch videos on their computers. There are more people out there with smartphones than there are with PCs. YouTube is available as an app that plays on just about any device with internet access. This is why mobile video marketing is definitely something you should consider getting involved in.
There are many ways it can help your business:
- It provides you with the opportunity to give customers face-to-face service. Interaction with a customer is more likely to lead to sales. Customers feel more comfortable shopping online when they get to see the actual people behind the business rather than just a website with words on it.
- Videos are easy to search for and to find. In 2012, according to Marketing Week, video results appeared in nearly 70% of the top 100 search listings on Google. Video sites such as YouTube let users add tags/keywords and descriptions to each of their videos.
- Videos last a lot longer than other forms of marketing. Unlike TV commercials, which only last for a period of time, videos on YouTube will last until somebody takes them down. Thanks to the longevity of mobile videos, you will save on overall marketing spending.
- With mobile video marketing, you can literally put your message into people’s hands. According to Rhythm Insights, 30 second video ads on mobile devices have an 88.3% completion rate. Let people actually see and hear how your product works.
- Your videos don’t have to be strictly made for advertising, either. You can simply make videos that explain topics in your industry. Try to inform and educate viewers so that they will see you as an expert. If they learn something from you, they will be more likely to click on your link to visit your site. Videos also inspire people a lot more than audio, text, or still images.
- It levels the playing field and gives small businesses a genuine opportunity to compete against big businesses without spending much money. You might not have as much money to spend on high quality content, great web design, SEO, and PPC as big businesses, but this isn’t as much as a problem with videos. Producing a video isn’t expensive at all these days, and anybody can create a YouTube account.
- Most people enjoy watching videos than they enjoy reading. It’s that simple. You can get the same amount of information across in a 30 second video as you could with a thousand words worth of content.
Online mobile videos are not going anywhere, and you can be sure that your competitors are already creating them. Why not get involved yourself?