Social Media Analytics Tools
Businesses Track and Evaluate Social Media Activities
The popularity of social media has paved the way for analytics tools to help businesses track and evaluate most social media activities. If you want to achieve success, you must build an online presence. Social media analytics tools will help you do just that, as they help you to determine what works and what does not work.
There are a number of these tools available for all of the top sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. You are going to have to participate in some form of social media marketing if you start an online business.
Here are some of the reasons why you should use the analytics tools to help:
– Just as you use analytics to help you evaluate your AdWords and SEO campaigns, you should also use them to evaluate your social media campaigns. Without them, you might not realize, for instance, that the type of tweets you are sending out are not helping your online business, or that certain Facebook posts are generating a lot of clicks.
– Tools such as SumAll will send out a weekly or daily email with information on how things have changed on a weekly or daily basis, such as the number of followers and fans you have. Cyfe will let you create a custom dashboard filled with stats gathered from several marketing tools. Through the social media section, you can sync up all of the top networks and view both individual reports and overview reports for the accounts you want to manage.
– Analytical tools will help you determine what works and what does not. If you see a noticeable drop in the number of twitter followers you have from one day to the next, you can go back to view your tweets from the past 24 hours to see what you might have said to turn people away.
– If you use Pinterest, you will find that some tools, such as Tailwind, help you optimize and schedule pins. You can gain some helpful insight into your profile and the popularity of your website. Some tools will let you view the number of times content from your blog has been shared on Pinterest.
– With Twitter analytic tools, you can view a snapshot of analytics on any keyword, username, or hashtag search. This information includes graphs and charts of exposure, reach, contributors, and activity. Using this type of tool is a great way to keep track of people mentioning your Twitter username and viewing industry keywords.
What to Look for in Social Media Analytics Tools
If you’re interested in third party tools, you’ll need to choose ones that offer the specific data you require, and not just a bunch of useless data. For example, a good Twitter tool will be able to filter out re-tweets from actual people and auto-re-tweets. Don’t automatically go with just the free tools, as you might end up having to clean up a bunch of useless data to get to the information you need.
Social media analytics tools really are helpful, just as long as you know how to filter the useless information from the helpful information. When you are able to obtain the helpful information, it provides you with valuable insight on how well your social media marketing tactics are performing.