What About Other Pay Per Click Advertising – Bing –...
Google Local Pack
Maintaininh Their Competitive Edge
When Google reduced its local pack from seven listings to three, search engine marketers went into a tizzy. How were they going to maintain their competitive edge when the rules keep changing?
– Instead of displaying a business’s phone number automatically, Google now shows the hours that the business is open. This way, search users will know if the business is going to be open when they want to go.
– The business’s address will still be visible, and the user can get the full name, address, and phone number to come up by clicking on the business listing.
– Where Google used to link to a business’s Google+ page, now they promote the business’s own website, which is preferable for the business anyway.
– Because customer reviews are tied to Google Maps, they are still prominently featured.
– Google Maps
– Offline marketing
– Your website’s on-page content
– Your website’s off-page information
– Local reviews
– Local backlinks
If you have more than one location, you will want to have separate pages for each city/location where you do business. All of the content on each pages should be unique and distinct from the others. Make sure that each page has Google Maps embedded and has Schema markups on the address, business name, and phone number.
Note: if you need to know how to include Schema markup, visit www.Schema.org/organization. To check if your Schema markup is validating properly, you can use the Structured Data Testing Tool.
– Local review sites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc. have become even more important than ever in terms of coming up on search engine results pages (SERPs). Many businesses solicit reviews from their customers on these sites as well.
Ultimately, your presence in the 3-pack is important, but it’s not the end-all, be-all of your SEO – you also need to evaluate how your business compares to the competition. Local review sites are going to be an essential part of your SEO strategy as they now receive greater weight on the SERPs. Our industry is one of constant change, but with diligence and a lot of research, you can continue to grow your business’s online presence.