How Can I Use Facebook Remarketing Effectively? Social Media Marketing...
If you want to create a Google remarketing campaign, you must first decide what kind of campaign to make. With a standard remarketing campaign, you can simply remarket to people who have previously visited your website. A dynamic remarketing campaign is more specific, as it involves remarketing to previous visitors with ads that contain specific services or products they looked at while visiting your site.
The setup process is easy and Google offers step-by-step instructions on what to do. AdWords will create the tag for you, and you can email it either to yourself or your webmaster. However, if you have a Google Analytics account, there will already be a checkbox that will enable you to use the tracking code that is already on your website.
You won’t need to create a list right away, as AdWords automatically creates an “All Visitors” list. You can later create the segmented lists and create more specific ads for the campaign.
Here are some tips to help you get started with a Google remarketing campaign:
– When you start to create lists, decide how you want to segment visitors. Google allows you to enter details such as membership status, duration, type of audience, whether or not the list is tag based, etc. For most small businesses, 30 days is a good place to start for the membership duration.
– Check your Analytics details to find out how many people have visited your site over the past 30 days. In order to create a remarketing list for search ads campaign, there should have been at least 1,000 visitors. If the number of visitors is less than 1,000, you may have to extend the date range and determine the number of days required to get an audience size of at least 1,000 people. Keep this in mind when entering the cookie duration when setting up the remarketing audience.
– After defining your targets and installing the tag, the next step is to set up the campaign for the ads. Decide which ads and keywords you want to use with each segment of your campaign. Relevant ads will be shown to the previous visitors to your website as they visit other places on the web that are part of the Display Network websites. Your ads may also be shown to users of Display Network apps.
– Ad creation is simple with the Ad gallery. You will be provided with the tools you need for producing text ads, image ads, and even video ads. The great thing about remarketing ads is that you can be a bit more creative, since the people you are targeting have already been familiarized with your brand. When establishing a dynamic remarketing campaign, the dynamic ads you create combine your feed with Ad gallery layouts. This allows for ads to scale across all of your services or products.
– You will be able to monitor your RLSA campaigns to determine what is working and what isn’t working. Which search queries are being matched to specific ads? Are the ads really bringing people back to your website and re-engaging them with your brand?
A Google remarketing campaign can take some time, depending on how much research and testing you need to do, but this form of marketing can be very effective and worth the effort in the long term.