The natural phase for quality website optimization, as in the past, is an aim of continual analysis of algorithms used by search engines such as Google. Things change, however one thing continues to stay unchanged- any unnatural SEO methods will harm the website and subvert its position in the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). First and foremost, the user is always number one in priority of importance and needs, however it is essential to provide the best quality content and meet their expectations. These elements will go a long way in achieving a penalty proof SEO strategy.
In the all elusive quest to rank higher in the search engine world, the focus is not entirely on providing value to the users, but to make sure that these particular users land on their pages only.
Over the years, Google has implemented various updates to take care of and help the users have a significant search engine experience.
Algorithms updates monitor the users experience in websites. On a whole, an algorithm is a set of instructions designed to perform a specific task.
Google algorithm updates include:
Every update is different in its approach and purpose, and yet it all represents one intent-user experience. Simple but attainable- the ultimate user experience!
Any website should have a foundation of trust principles for 2 main reasons:
– Trust matters when it comes to rankings in Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
– Trust helps you avoid Google Algorithm updates.
It is important to shape your overall SEO strategy in tune with all Google Algorithm updates.
The Google Panda main purpose is to produce better, high quality results in relation to relevant content that search engine users want and need.
How to avoid Google Panda penalty:
Duplicate Content- Focus on producing unique, useful rich and high quality content that keeps the users’ needs as #1 priority. The main issue for duplicate content is that you have generated specifically for the website.
If you find duplicate content, 2 options are at your disposal:
Hold a no-index tag to the page so that Google spider doesn’t use the particular page to penalize the rest of the website ranking.
Revise the content- Make it unique and original.
Another key factor is Bounce Rate- your websites usability, design, and overall usefulness to the user. In simple terms, if a user gets to your website and exits abruptly without any interaction or engagement because:
– User can’t find what you are seeking.
– Website is too complex to navigate because of this factor the bounce rate would be significantly higher.
This algorithm update is to limit and discourage the unethical use of inbound and outward links.
How to avoid Google Penguin penalty:
– From low quality to irrelevant material.
– Links are introduced to manipulate page rank.
– Content is written with intent on target audience.
– Too much SEO can invite penalties.
Keep in mind, entire website is valued and trustworthy to its users.
This algorithm was introduced to better understand user queries and to be able to provide a more useful result.
How to avoid Google Hummingbird penalty:
Long tail keywords:
– You must shift the focus from very simple ranking for a query to better understand the meaning behind any query.
– Important element when searching for any information.
– The focus is on conversational style gaining prominence.
Proper structured data markup:
– Important and required to serve better search results
Build strong inbound and outbound links:
– Important for two particular factors such as; credibility and authority.
It is paramount to keep in mind that it is important to produce content with the readers (user) needs in mind, while it engages direct response.
Main purpose is to provide
– Relevant and
– Fast query results looking for local search results.
How to avoid Google Pigeon penalty:
Cities are subcategorized into neighbourhoods:
– Ensure that it`s part of your overall strategy, use localized names and addresses.
Keep information consistent
– In name, address and phone details.
Get listed in directories (self- explanatory)
Essential to receive good feedback from all users:
– Equally important that you employ a mobile SEO strategy when most local web searches done from a mobile device.
– Update prominently used to give high-priority that were optimized for mobile devices.
How to avoid Google Mobilegeddon penalty:
– Monitor website traffic, website should have element of being mobile-friendly or it is important to make it mobile-friendly.
Any SEO strategy should be employed with a well thought out plan. Your SEO strategy can be one that is free of any Google Algorithm update penalties. It can happen if you incorporate the word trust in your everyday work practices, you will avoid any of the Google Algorithms that wreak havoc on websites on a daily basis.
Build the best possible SEO strategy and your website will prosper and never encounter any penalties. Instead the only penalty you will receive is … 2 minutes for looking so good, your website that is