Local SEO Tips & Ideas for Small Mississauga Businesses
It’s no secret that a key component for any business is to effectively build its brand and achieve a good ranking in search engine results. But if you’re working with a limited budget, is it still possible to dominate search results? If you’ve just started a small business, how can you grow your brand in Mississauga with SEO?
There is some good news: there are simple and surprisingly effective ways to boost visibility for your company in local search results.
Here are some local SEO tips to help you grow your business:
– You can begin by having a domain name that reflects your type of business. Ideally, there should be a keyword in the domain name, although you don’t want it to be too long. If there is enough room, include a location in the domain. The URL should be self-explanatory to anyone who sees it and easy to remember.
– Optimize the page titles so that they identify with your business, its locations, and services or products. Your NAP (name, address, and phone number) should be listed on the homepage, contact page, service pages, and all of your local directory listings. Be consistent with the details. They should be the same everywhere that they are listed.
– When creating pages in local directories such as Yelp, Yahoo Business, and Facebook, make absolutely sure that your company is listed in the appropriate categories. The category you’re listed under really does play a role in your search engine rankings. Also, don’t forget to add photos of your business to your website, blog, and listings. The images should all be optimized as well.
– You need to ensure an ideal link strategy. Links from your site to other related sites and vice versa affect the visibility of your business in search engine results. If respected sites link back to yours, it helps to establish your own credibility and authenticity. You’ll also want to include links to your site in email newsletters and updates you send to your subscribed customers. Consistently share links to your site via social media channels. However, the link should be accompanied by relevant content and information – you can’t simply spam your website link on people’s Facebook wall or through Tweets for no reason.
– If you don’t have your own blog, get one. These days, a business of any size not only needs a website, but a blog as well. A common mistake some small businesses make is neglecting to create or maintain a blog. Your blog and site should be tied in together. Whenever you update one, mention the update with the link on the other. Update the blog regularly with quality content.
– Encourage online reviews and always respond to them. Ask your customers to leave reviews and ratings of your business online if they are satisfied with your work. As long as the reviews appear positive and authentic, search engines will take notice. If somebody leaves a negative review, respond as friendly as possible and ask the reviewer to get in contact with you so that you can help them with their problem.
If you need help with any of these strategies, you can always work with SEO professionals who specialize in small businesses in Mississauga. It’s essential that you work with an SEO company that offers custom solutions so that they can help you meet your company’s goals.