Website Design – A Critical Component of Digital Marketing
Perhaps the biggest component in any digital marketing plan is website design. If you don’t have a good website put together, you won’t be able to create a strong internet marketing strategy. It doesn’t matter how large or small your Mississauga business is – you MUST have a website with an appealing design!
If you already have one, it might not have everything it needs in order for you to run a good internet campaign. Today’s ideal website requires much more than just the layout. It requires informative content and interactive features that allow you to reach out to a targeted audience. It is the center of all of your online business endeavors.
Here are some tips for having an EFFECTIVE website for your marketing campaign:
– Have a clear objective of what you want to use your website for, and how it will benefit your marketing campaign. Are you going to sell products directly from the site? Use it as a means to obtain leads? Perhaps you want to reach out to local consumers? Do you hope to raise awareness for your brand? Spend some time thinking of your specific goals and create a site to help you achieve those goals.
– Don’t overdo it. You don’t need a fancy flash introduction. In fact, it’s best NOT to have one. These days, it’s all about keeping things simple. When people visit your site, they want to see what you can do for them. They don’t care to see a pretty layout with a bunch of graphics.
– Don’t forget search engine optimization. Just as you shouldn’t try anything fancy with the layout itself, you shouldn’t try anything fancy with SEO. Google and Bing prefer sites that are optimized for user experience. Keywords should appear naturally throughout the content. Don’t try to force keywords just for the sake of having them. The more user-friendly a site is, the more search engine friendly it is.
– Clear, easy navigation is important. It shouldn’t take a user more than two or three clicks to find anything on the site. Content should be arranged in an organized manner. The site map should be easy to find. If it’s an ecommerce site, give potential consumers the option to arrange products in various ways, including price, size, colour, etc.
– Have a simple home page with a clear message. Nothing will increase a bounce rate faster than a cluttered home page. Keep leads from hitting the “back” button by getting to the point as quickly as possible. Get rid of any content and design element that isn’t completely necessary. Potential customers will want to see right then and there how your product, service, or solution will benefit from them.
– Decide how to tie in your site to your search engine marketing. How much content from your site are you willing to share through social media? Are you going to Tweet every time you update the site? Will you include “like” and “share” buttons at the bottom of every page on your site? There are apps available that help connect everything together. Just make sure that you keep your business profiles completely separate from your own personal profiles.
As long as you do some planning and create a user-friendly website, your digital marketing campaign should go smoothly.