Making The Case For Local SEO For Lawyers
These days, many people search online to find information about local lawyers. If it’s easier for them to find other lawyers than it is to find you, then take that as evidence that your firm has some optimizing to do. Optimizing your online presence is not an option – it’s a must.
Even if you have used SEO tactics in the past, internet searches have evolved so much that new tactics are required on a regular basis. It’s important to keep up with changes as best you can.
Here are some current SEO strategies lawyers and law firms can use to bring in more traffic and (hopefully) clients.
– A lot of focus should be put on local search engine optimization. Use keywords that include the name of areas you practice in. Start out small and close to home. Use the name of the town your physical address is located in. There will be less competition to deal with. As your business begins to grow, and you start getting more traffic, you can then target a wider area with your keywords. Only target more competitive areas after you have secured branded traffic around you physical location.
– Try getting reviews. People only want to trust lawyers who already have a lot of reviews from previous clients. If you don’t have any, ask your former clients if they could leave you one on a business review site, such as Google Business, Yelp, Internet Yellow Pages, lawyer directory sites, etc. Reviews are also important for SEO purposes
– Make sure your website provides a good user experience. This is essential for SEO, as Google, Bing, and other search engines now consider user experience to be one of the most important ranking factors. Just because you get traffic to your site does not mean you will get leads and conversions. You have to give visitors a great experience so that they can find all of the information they need. A high-quality law firm site should include an intuitive design, case studies, biographies, case results, engagement objects, informative content, and so forth.
– Create content that is specific to your practice areas. You will want to devote a lot of your SEO strategy to your area(s) of law. When people are searching for attorneys, they want to find one that has experience with their type of case. Be specific. If you are a criminal attorney, focus on content and keywords relating to grand theft, DUI/DWI, burglarly, etc. If you practice family law, create content focused around divorce, child custody topics, child support, and emancipation.
– Try to fix duplicate and/or inaccurate listings. If it’s been awhile since you have created a profile on Google My Business, for instance, some of the information may be outdated. The content might also be an exact duplicate of your other listings online. Mixed information can hurt your SERP efforts. While some information should be consistent on all listings, such as your name, location, phone number, and email, you will want to add some unique content to each individual listing. Search for your business and if there is any inaccurate or outdated information, check and see if there is a “Are you the owner of this business?” link to fix the problem.
Following these tips will help improve your law practice’s local SEO, and make your site more visible to those who are searching for a lawyer in your area. If you want to improve in the search rankings, then practicing local SEO should be an open and shut case.