The Secret To Creating Quality SEO Web Content
Search engine optimization and content marketing work best when used together. Well-written content should be informative, useful, and optimized. Articles and blog posts that are appealing to human readers are favored by Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Optimizing your content properly will help to improve its rankings. SEO content should be put together with both the reader and search engine crawlers in mind.
If you want to increase website traffic and conversions, you need to have good, organized content with the right keywords.
There are a number of things you can do to write better SEO content:
– Start off with less popular keywords. You might even want to start with low keywords that only get a couple hundred searches a month. Trying to rank for popular keywords will most likely be a waste of time and money since there is already a lot of competition. Use tools such as Keyword Planner or WordTracker for your research. Don’t go over 1.5% for the usage rate – only use the search term once every 150 words or so in your content.
– Ideally, your content should be long. While you don’t want each page of your site to be an ebook, you don’t want it to be short, either. Longer content can actually complement the design. It also tends to rank higher in search engines. One strategy is to write long articles, but to break the text up whenever possible with images, subheadings, quotes from experts or customers, etc. Keep the call to action near the top of the page.
– Use proper formatting for readability. It should be easy for readers to skim through the content. If they see one, long block of text, they will leave the page in a heartbeat. Ideal formatting for web content includes white space, short paragraphs, subheadings, and bulleted list when possible. This is also important for search engine optimization because bounce rate plays a role in rankings. If people are leaving your page quickly after viewing disorganized content, the bounce rate will be higher.
– Do proper interlinking. Not only should the content be organized on the page, it should also be organized across the entire site. Always add link or two to pages with similar content and encourage visitors to click on those links to learn more. Make it easy for targeted visitors to find everything they need.
– Write about the topic, not the keyword. Sometimes the keyword IS the topic, or at least part of it, but not always. When coming up with topics to write about, you should FIRST think about what people would want to read, and THEN think of which keywords they would be using to find information about that topic. Write naturally around the topic and include relevant keywords in places they belong, throughout the content and the title.
– Don’t forget to include a call to action (CTA). Every page needs a call to action to go along with the content, not just the landing and contact pages. SEO content without a call to action is incomplete. The reason why it’s needed on every page is for consistency. It might not even be the landing page or home page a visitor ends up on. Having the CTA on every page ensures that all visitors will see it. The ideal CTA is specific and in line with your business objectives
If you are already producing interesting quality content, you are off to a good start. Learning to properly optimize that content will help to give you a leg up over the competition.