Local SEO for Law Firms
Highly Effective Marketing Tool
It’s no secret that SEO is a highly effective marketing tool when it’s done correctly. When your SEO is localized, those positive results multiply rapidly. Your rankings in local search results are based on data like your phone number, your address, and reviews from local customers.
Let’s Start With An Example
If you’re looking online for a law office and simply put “lawyer” into the search engine, your results will be a smattering of places far and wide. How will your results be different if you put “lawyer” followed by the name of your city or location into the search engine?
You’ll get results that are actually helpful to you and those local law offices will be at the top of the list, with all the information you need.
Local SEO Benefits
Whether your firm has offices all over the country or only a few local ones, you’ll still enjoy the advantages of local SEO. Let’s look at some data:
- 31% of those who are looking for legal help research lawyers online.
- 95% of those same potential clients report that online reviews make a difference in whom they choose to take their legal work.
When a potential client is doing an internet search for a lawyer, they will usually include the location. Concentrating efforts on local SEO will ensure that your firm is ranked high enough in the results to get a second look.
How To Obtain Results
While there are definite similarities to improving SEO on a larger scale, local SEO creation is not nearly as complicated as a national or global SEO campaign. The reason is that there is much less competition when the prospective customer’s search is narrowed down to your specific location, as opposed to a larger city, for example.
Here’s how to get a leg up on the competition with your local SEO:
- Utilize Google My Business. You’ve probably noticed that searching for a particular business near your location turns up results with local businesses, their phone numbers and addresses, their location on a map, and their websites. This is the sweet spot in which you want your firm to be when someone does a law firm search in your area.
- Make sure your site is optimized. You’ll want to do some keyword research in order to include local keywords on your site. Once you’ve found the words that rank the highest, make sure they appear on each page of your site. Then, when Google does its crawling, it will identify your firm as local.
- Get some positive reviews from clients. Google is preferential to those sites that utilize Google tools. The more favorable reviews you have on your My Business page, the higher your ranking will be.
- Check site performance. Periodically assessing your website to make sure it is performing at its optimal level is a necessity to attain higher rankings. You can tweak the areas that need to be adjusted in order to have a competitive edge over similar firms in your area.
Attracting more traffic to your site that could be converted into clientele is an attainable goal when you are utilizing local SEO. Even small changes can have a large impact on your rankings which can translate into a positive impact on your bottom line.