According to our friends at Wikipedia, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine.
Search engines such as Google or Yahoo index millions of sites on the web, so web surfers can easily access websites with information they need and want at their disposal.
Building authority for your website is a complex task, and yet building authority is a natural progression that requires a whole lot of persistence. Let it be known, it doesn’t happen overnight, it’s a long journey of reaching the top of the Google food chain or other search engines, as a matter of fact!
Hold on so, How do search engines determine relevance and popularity?
To a search engine, relevance means more than finding a page with the right keywords. Today, there are more factors and variables that determine relevance. Search engines typically assure that the more popular a website, page or a document, the more the valuable the information it contains must be. But instead, popularity and relevance aren’t determined manually.
Instead the search engines employ mathematical equations or algorithms.
To technical, what are algorithms?
An Algorithm is a set of instructions designed to perform a specific task.
These algorithms sort and then rank in terms of popularity, algorithms often comprise thousands of variables in deciding ranking factors. In the simplest of terms, search engines use proprietary algorithms which are used to display the most results from the search index or queries.
Let’s put it in a unique perspective, imagine the world- wide- web as a network of stops on a subway track system. Each particular stop, represents a document (web page) the search engines need a way to crawl the entire city and find all the stops on the way, so they employ the best path available.
The order of progression For SEO follows a logical structure.
– This is the first step to make sure that all of the target pages can be ‘crawled’ by the search engines. Web crawlers are employed by search engines to scan websites of all kinds on a daily basis. The term ‘crawl’ is referred to as saving the contents of each particular page in the search index. By incorporating complex algorithms, search engines that we normally use like Google or perhaps Yahoo to display the most relevant pages.
– Once you’re happy that the search engines is ‘crawling’ the website correctly. Now it’s equally important to monitor how your pages are running.
– This is what business owners and website owners truly care about the most. The main goal is to get your pages ranked higher than they actually are.
Ways to build up your site’s traffic via SEO:
– User engagement and brand exposure are two important variables.
– The goal is to aim for bigger user engagement and brand exposure.
– Thinking about rankings as a reporting metric and a prize for efforts, not the ultimate realistic goal.
– Using Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as a form of diversifying your traffic web streams.
– The main focus is on social media and referral traffic from various websites.
– Possessing the market knowledge.
– Analytical and marketing elements are important.
– This is a form of user engagement conversion.
– Optimization for users- Creating catchy headlines and engaging content.
– Personal branding-Being the face of the brand using the authorship markup.
– Paying close attention to people’s (users) demands is essential.
– Main focus, is to establish relations, this can be a direct result from content creation. This is achieved by putting resources and budget into content creation.
– Knowing long-term strategy- you must have a set plan and follow it to achieve higher ranking in search engines.
– This is popular water cooler talk at the office and nowadays it seems that everybody is talking about is Facebook and Twitter. The reality is that these social media marketing tools have tremendous value, but their weight can be increased by several magnitudes when they are combined together.
– Use Facebook to share brand new content on your website and encourage users to share your content too.
– Twitter- Grow your followership and share content for new link building opportunities.
– LinkedIn- Share content with relevant business contacts. Start a group to share all information.
– First class content, outstanding SEO and wonderfully engaging social media allows brands and business owners to see the best results they’ve always dreamed of.
– Use hashtags. It’s a way of communicating around the content.
– Viral exposure- getting viral exposure thanks to valuable content by the people who share it.
– Participating in community- Sharing the experience. Building relationships and personal authority.
Driving more traffic into your website is a vital proponent if you desire to progress onto the path of business success. It can happen, it just takes time and patience following a SEO strategy that is well planned and thought out.
Building authority for your website through SEO takes one brick at a time.
Latest posts by Shamil Shamilov (see all)
- Weekend Algorithm Ranking Shift by Google Confirmed as “Core Update” - February 21, 2019
- Google Makes Recent Changes to Provide Locally Relevant Search Results - April 10, 2019
- Google Rolling Out The New Rounded Search Results Layout - April 19, 2019