High Search Volume Keywords
If you’re lucky, the keywords you target have high search volumes so there are plenty of customers to chase. However, if your product is relatively new or you are a B2B, there’s a high chance that most of your keywords will have really low search volumes especially at the beginning. It could also be that you are offering a service that no one really knows about. Whatever the case, know that all is not lost. We’ll show you how to boost SEO results when targeting those low search volume niches.
Start By Working On The Site’s Technical Structure
First things first, you need to ensure that your site doesn’t have any technical issues that will interfere with your ranking capacity. You can do this by taking the steps below:
- – Start by reviewing your link profile to make sure it’s clean, no broken or missing links.
- – Add internal links on your pages to connect the content in one beautiful chain.
- – Check if the site can be crawled and indexed by search engine bots. You can do this by ensuring there are no noindex, robots.txt or canonical tags on content that you want ranked by Google.
- – You also need to ensure that your title and meta description tags are unique and optimized.
- – Check whether Google Analytics tracking is properly set up because this will help you to get important data and make better decisions after understanding your website performance.
Once this is done, you can then go ahead and perform a keyword research.
Performing Your Keyword Research
Think of the queries that are critical to your brand. What would someone type when they are looking for your product or service? You may consider hiring a SEO company Toronto to help you with the keyword research and analysis. As soon as you come up with a list of keywords, use a tool to determine how much search volume they have and the ones that are likely to yield a conversion. For each query, match it to the pages you have on your site. For instance, you may have queries that send visitors to specific product pages and so on. You may realize that you don’t have some pages for other important queries. In this case, you’ll need to create them.
For the long-term queries or keywords, more than 3 words, try and target other pages such as a Q&A section or a blog. For the shorter queries, two or three words, you can target your product page, home or about us pages.
How To Handle Informational Queries
When visitors are looking for more information, you may want to create content that is less promotional and more informational. Although it’s going to yield less conversions, you have a high chance of establishing a relationship and the best first interaction with the user. Take time to create appealing, relevant and strong content that answers the user’s queries. The idea here is to establish yourself as a credible source of information and a thought leader/expert in your field. For transactional queries, target pages that are ideally designed to help generate conversions. The content in this case can be salesy as opposed to informational.