SEO Services in Toronto Will Help You Develop Local SEO Campaigns in Multiple Locations
When acquiring SEO services, Toronto businesses that serve in multiple locations should work with professionals who can help them optimize accordingly.
You’ve probably heard about the importance of local SEO, but what if your business serves all of Canada and/or other countries? Or what if you have offices located in more than one city? Think of the giant corporations, such as restaurant or hotel chains. Don’t they have a listing in every single city? Well, so can you!
Keep in mind that there are SEO experts who will help you. Here are the steps you need to get started:
- Create a separate page for each area you want to optimize for. Put the name of the city or town in the URL on the header. Optimize the other main on-page SEO elements for the local keyword as well: page title, H1 tag, body text, and image tag. Create the content, which includes the name of your business, directions, local phone number, address, photos, and any specific details about the location.
- Each page should be easily found on your website and unique to the specific location. The location pages should be easily found by Google “crawlers”. Don’t have duplicate content on all of the pages, with just the name of the city and address changed – come up with unique descriptions and content. You must provide a user experience that is clearly tied to the specific location the page is about.
- You might have to prioritize your locations. Ideally, you will want to rank as high as possible with all of them. However, if there are time and resource restraints, prioritization might be required. Use a tool such as Google Keyword Planner to identify the frequency of search terms for every city. This will give you an idea of where you will want to spend most of your SEO efforts.
- Keep blog posts specific to each city you are involved in. You can post blogs or news blurbs about local events related to your industry.
- Use the channels offered by search engines to help you establish your company and where you do business. You will need to not only create pages in directories such as Google Places, Yelp, Yellow Pages, Local Yahoo, Urban Spoon, etc…, but maintain them as well. Keep them updated with news and information about your business.
- You’ll want to complete your Google Places for Business profile, and link it to your main website. It’s important to do the verification process, as it provides legitimacy to your company and website. When linking your profile to your site, always do so with the location-specific pages.
- Try to gather reviews and ratings for each location. Generating natural reviews is very beneficial for your marketing and sales. Ask your customers to share their experiences with your company on the aforementioned business directories. Even having a few negative reviews can help your search engine rankings. The more legitimate reviews you have, the easier it is for search engines to determine your site’s relevance.
The more business locations you have, the more competition you are going to have to go up against. If you combine these steps, and work with professionals who offer SEO services in Toronto and surrounding areas, you will have everything necessary for improving your organic rankings.