Why Choose SEO Services in Canada for Bing’s Image Search? What Are Some Image Optimization Tips?
Image optimization is more important than ever before, since Microsoft has announced that it is adding new functionality to Bing’s image search. SEO services in Canada are now going to have to include Bing image optimization if they are not already doing so.
Now, whenever users search for and click on a photo, they will be presented with additional options, similar to a Google image search. If the image features a product, users will be able to view a list of stores selling the product. They will also be able to view the image in different sizes as well as Pinterest collections featuring the image.
Why Use Images for SEO
Since Bing and Google are now both offering image optimization opportunities, it’s in your best interest to optimize your photos for both search engines. On Bing alone, more than one billion image searches are performed each month by over 100 million users. Using the image search will increase your exposure and drive targeted traffic to your site. If you’re not getting enough exposure through keyword and content optimization, you can try to get it through photo optimization.
Imagine Optimization Tips
- The very first thing you need to do is find the right images. Ideally, you will want to use original photos that can’t be found anywhere else. Don’t use the same stock images as every other site on the web. In addition to pictures, you need to a unique logo as well.
- Choose an appropriate file name for each image. Think about the type of keyword users will enter in the search engine in order to find images such as yours. The file name should not be long – three words should be enough. If you took the photos yourself, DO NOT use the default DSC3433.jpg type of file name.
- Reduce the file size. You can do this with just about any photo program or tool. Remember: people browse the internet with different speeds on different types of screens. They expect everything to load quickly. If they have to wait for more than a couple of seconds for an image to load, they will go back to the search results and click on something else. The more user-friendly your site is, the better it will rank.
- Bing wants to see metadata provided with an image. A good way to accomplish this is by marking your pages up with well-known schemas, such as Microdata, Schema.org, RDFs, etc. Meta tags can also be used with content attributes. You can add more context to images to give search engine crawlers a better understanding of what your page is about.
- Use OpenGraph and Twitter Cards to attach images and other media, such as videos, to your Facebook page, Pinterest page, and Tweets.
- Optimize XML image sitemaps. This will give search engines information about your website. A technique is to use a separate sitemap to list the images, or add information about images to an existing sitemap.
If you’re not already acquiring SEO services in Canada, be sure to do so soon so that you can prepare your images for Bing’s new image search platform.