What Is WordPress?
I Need a Site with Ecommerce Website Design – Do You Build Ecommerce Sites?
If you’d like customers to be able to make purchases directly from your website then you’ll need an ecommerce website. We have all of the essential tools for building and developing ecommerce websites through WordPress. Some people still consider WordPress to be a blog engine and don’t realize its potential as a content management system. While it can still be used for blogging, it can also be used for the development and deployment of an online store. Using WordPress as a platform for an ecommerce site is especially ideal for small business owners.
There are many different elements that go into making an ecommerce WordPress website:
– The template or layout. There are many themes to choose from, or you could have one custom made. The ideal theme is one that reflects your business and everything that it has to offer. We will help you decide on an ideal theme for your website.
– The shopping cart. This is a must-have for an ecommerce site – even if you are selling services or digital products rather than physical products. An online shopping cart should offer security and protection so that user information is encrypted when they place an order. WooCommerce is a good choice, as it offers support, a fully featured cart, and the option customize your own CSS.
– Seamless integration with popular payment systems such as PayPal. Most online shoppers have PayPal accounts, and prefer it to other checkout methods. While it shouldn’t be your only payment method, customers should still have the option to use it. With a good WordPress/ecommerce package, you can expect PayPal integration and an easy gateway setup for credit/debit cards.
– Social networking integration. In this day and age, social networking plays an integral role in businesses of all sizes. That’s why you find the option to “like” a certain page on Facebook or to “follow” a website/blog on Twitter just about everywhere you go. Even if you have a small, start-up business, you should still have utilize social networking integration and sharing tools.
– Integration with postal services for shipping. This is important if you plan on selling physical products and shipping them out yourself. There are tools available that will help you integrate your checkout system with Canada Post or a courier of your choice for shipping and handling.
– Easy access to the user administration panel. If you ever want to make updates to your site yourself, you will find that we offer setup and training. Learning how to use the user administration panel doesn’t have to be a difficult process.
– Customer database maintenance. Starting an opt-in list and keeping a customer database is one of the most important things you must do when it comes to ecommerce. Since the new Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) has come into effect, this is more important than ever. Tools are available for not only creating an opt-in page, but for keeping track of customer logins/signups and maintaining a database as well.
Having an ecommerce site may be the next big step in growing your business but if it is not set up correctly, it can also be the source of frustration. We will work with you to make sure that your new ecommerce site is an asset and not a hindrance to your business.
[the_grid name="Clients Logos"]