Web Design Companies in Canada
For small business owners and bloggers in Canada, there are quite a few web design companies to choose from. They offer an array of services, from WordPress deployments to completely customized sites. There are many factors to consider when selecting a web design firm ranging from mobile or iPhone implementation to social networking and development solutions.
Here are a few tips to help you decide on an ideal web design company for your Canadian business.
- Even if you just need a small, simple site for your start-up business, you will still need to work with a company that will take the time to understand your business. Otherwise, you might be stuck with a generic layout that doesn’t represent what you or your company stands for.
- Make sure you work with a design company that can implement the right set of tools for your type of site. For instance, if you want to have a store and sell products on your site, work with a company that will provide the necessary ecommerce tools, including a shopping cart, calculator, secure forms, etc.
- Do you want the ability to make updates yourself? Do you want the ability to maintain your own site or blog after the initial design? Choose a company that offers a CMS that is easy for the non-designer to use.
- Consider how much design you will actually need. Do you already have your logos and banners and simply need them incorporated into a layout? Or do you require a new website from scratch? Is the company you are considering capable of producing new sites from scratch? Ask to see portfolio samples relevant to your website needs. This is especially important if you require a landing page, as you will want to work with a company that is capable of producing a page that will entice visitors to want to learn more.
- If you’re unsure of where to start, you can keep things simple and start locally. Look up directories to find businesses in your city or province and find out which design company created their sites. You should also take the time to look over the portfolios of web design companies in Canada to ensure that the company is capable of producing unique layouts. Is every layout in the portfolio unique or do they all look generic?
- While pricing is important, it shouldn’t be the only deciding factor. Even if you only require a simple website for a start-up business right now, you still shouldn’t settle with a cheap looking design that looks like it was made in the 90s. Inform web design firms of your budget and ask what you can realistically expect, and how willing they are to help you.
Take some time and research web design companies before making your decision. Make sure you work with one that is capable of providing you precisely with what you need.