How to do an SEO competitor analysis If you are...
Whether you have one landing page or several, you need to know how to set them up correctly in order to get conversions. Smaller companies usually stick with one or two, while large companies might have at least ten.
Since it’s the page on your site that visitors will land on whenever they click on your link through an ad or search result, you need to think carefully about what to include and what not to include. You’ll only have a few seconds to make a good impression before a visitor gets bored and leaves. Not only do you need to keep them on the page, you also need to keep them interested enough to respond to the call of action, and more leads equals more possible conversions.
If you’re not getting enough conversions, here are some ways you can improve your landing page:
– Keep one call to action per landing page. Whether you want visitors to create an account on your site, provide you with their email or other information, call you, add something to the shopping cart, etc…, limit one per landing page.
– Each landing page should deliver what the ad or title promises. If you create an ad promising a discount on women’s sweatshirts, then link it to the exact page that has the women’s sweatshirt offer, and no other page.
– The landing page should be easy to navigate. Don’t stuff it with too much information as it will overwhelm the visitor. Keep it as short and to the point as possible. In addition to a clear call to action, a couple of images and maybe one video will suffice.
– The most important information should be kept above the fold so that the user doesn’t have to scroll down to see the CTA or learn about the benefits. This is particularly helpful for mobile users. You only have a few seconds to draw them in before they decide whether or not to stay or leave, so don’t waste those few seconds making them scroll down to the bottom of the page.
– Have contact information listed on the landing page. The more accessible you are, the easier it is to build trust with people. This information should include a map of where your business is located, address, social medialinks, email, and phone number. You will also want to give visitors an easy way to sign up for your mailing list. However, keep the submission form as short as possible, with no more than two or three fields.
– Know your customer. You’re making a landing page for them, not for you. Know exactly who it is you are marketing to and what they are looking for, and make it clear that you are offering the solution they need.
– Use an original template. If your page has the same ole’ layout as every other page out there, how can you expect yours to stand out? Have a trusted web design company, such as Nova Solutions, create a layout that suits your company and product. Aesthetics do matter more than you probably realize.
– Follow these guidelines when creating your landing page and increase your chances of getting conversions!