Factors Determining Your Search Engine Optimization Needs SEO Factors Determine...
It is such a shame that there are some companies out there which are yet to realize the importance of video schema markup up until now. Markups are an influential way of assisting search engines in understanding what you are providing on your post in a detailed way.
Companies like Bing, Google, and Yahoo have been using these rich snippets for nearly 6 years and clearly, you can see the great wonders its doing for them. The reason why on-page markup is so important for such companies is that, where there is an embedded video, the search engines will provide you, the viewer, with information about the subject matter on the page.
Trust us, this markup is very crucial for you because failure to utilize it on your website means that the marketing videos you have posted are less likely to be viewed than those of pages that are utilizing them. To ensure that you don’t undergo such disappointments, we have composed this short guide in order for you to understand how you can effect markups on the sites of your video pages
Lacking on-page markups means that the only thing the search engines will have about your video is the heading, a description, and a summary.
On the other hand, if you use them, you will be able to tell the search engines about who made the video, those who starred in it, its duration, the copyright holder and even better, a video transcript which is just amazing especially for SEO purposes.
Other useful tags you can use to make a difference include:
• Expires: This shows how long the video will be available and relevant for viewing
• Upload Date: Shows when the video was first broadcasted and it’s a great way to show users if the content in the video is significant or not.
• Content URL: The URL to the original video file
• Embed URL: This specific URL indicates where the hosted video is. It’s very helpful in assisting search engines to find the video quicker.
The simplest way to do this is by including a map for search engines to follow. All you require to do is to make sure that the schema markup is included in the HTML code of the video page.
The uniqueness of doing this is that the pages will still look the same and the site users will not view them. What’s more, this information will help search engines to mark the pages and to display them in an upgraded form in the SERPs.
Overall, there are certain things you ought to realize for a smooth and easy time:
• Using consistent keyword phrases ensures that the intended audience watches the video. Utilize it in the heading, the video page, definition and if possible have it in the transcription.
• To be sure that the videos of your choice get the broadcast you hoped for in the SERPs, make sure to test that the markup is working right using Structured Data Verification Engines. We recommend using the one for Google.
Are Video Sitemaps worth it?
Although it requires more work to generate a sitemap, having it will help search engines to properly understand what the video is about and to correctly display it as you expected in the SEPRs.
Nova Solutions encourages you to start taking markups seriously because not only is it vital for Search Engine Optimization, but it also helps your video to stand out in the search results of videos having the same content as yours.